Last week, Taylor Financial Group hosted our annual Client Advisory Board Meeting – Virtually this year!
As you probably know by now, every year we hold our Client Advisory Board (CAB) meeting , where we discuss all things Taylor Financial Group – where we’ve been, what we’ve been doing, and how we can create the best possible experience for our clients! This year we had the pleasure of having our veteran clients join us, as well as some new ones.
What have we been up to? Glad you asked! We have replaced our in-person workshops with monthly virtual webinars (which have been a big hit), and we now conduct our client meetings through GoToMeeting (virtual meeting platform). We still love our client events, so we went remote with that also, and we have held several virtual wine tastings and cooking classes. We have also expanded our financial planning offerings, providing regular plan updates to our clients and also incorporating IRA distribution planning for those with large retirement accounts who are worried about taxes. We have also expanded the team by hiring our long time intern, Jared, as a full time team member and we also hired a new Client Communications Specialist to improve and expand our outreach to all of you!
So, what did we take away from our CAB this year? Here are the Top 8 items:
- Clients want more updates on the 2020 presidential election! Every “First Thursday” of the month, Debbie hosts webinars on a variety of topics. Due to rising uncertainty surrounding the election, we are hosting an exclusive webinar for our clients only, where Debbie will discuss the recent election, taxes, and how our clients can protect their wealth NOW! Please register below for out CLIENT ONLY Webinar: Post Election Strategies: How to Protect Your Wealth and What to Watch on Main Street, Wall Street and in Washington, D.C. on Thursday, November 19th at 4:15pm! We will also continue to publish additional information about the elections and smart moves to make in portfolios and with tax planning.
- Toys for Tots donation and Help for the Hungry. Every year, Taylor Financial Group and our clients support the Toys for Tots Foundation. Due to COVID, we are going to make additional contributions to local food banks for those in need. Stay tuned for more information!
- Updating The Week Ahead! As you read this, you will probably notice a few changes. Going forward, we will be labeling items in The Week Ahead as either “New” or “ICYMI.” This change should enable you to more efficiently review the items.
- Our monthly Webinars are a hit! We are so glad that so many of you enjoy watching Debbie broadcast her monthly webinars, so we will keep them coming. Please register for our upcoming webinar: 20 Year End Financial Planning and Tax Tips For 2020 on Thursday, December 3rd at 4:15pm EST! Please see below for registration information.
- New Client Onboarding. As our current clients know, we prepare a Welcome Aboard email to all clients when they join the TFG family. But, we understand that all of the information can become overwhelming. Now, to share all of our new services in detail, we will be sending our Welcome Aboard email along with a “What to expect” email.
- Clients want notifications on buying opportunities when the market is low. We have conducted outreach when we see opportunities, whether that means recommending a Roth conversion, tax loss trading, or buying on the dips. We will continue our work in this area by trying to incorporate timely updates so that clients are aware of the best times to invest. Stay tuned for more outreach on this topic!
- More Life Event Planning Checklists to come! Most life changing events require financial planning. Why? Because most of life’s events not only affect your current lifestyle, but could drastically affect your future. That’s why we have prepared Life Event Planning Checklists to help guide you through many of life’s occurrences. Keep in mind, however, that while these checklists can help you get organized and start planning, they shouldn’t be your only resource. Contact usif you need advice and guidance on your next big life event.
8. Upcoming Virtual Client Event Wine Dinner! In light of having to cancel our annual TFG Client Christmas Dinner, we are going to be replacing this with a virtual wine dinner for all our clients! Stay tuned for additional information on this!